Foremost, our council has an advisory role at the Madurodam Children's Fund, the foundation that yearly donates between 600,000 and 700,00 euros to good causes for children. During their year of administration, the council members also undertake a personal challenge, an activity that contributes to a better society. For by being there for people in your neighbourhood, even on such a small scale, you still have a great significance for the society. They also represent Madurodam during official occasions, such as the National Children's Remembrance on 4 May, and the Madurodam Marathon.
Princess Beatrix as first mayor
Princess Beatrix was the first mayor of Madurodam. From 1952, she held the function for 28 years. When she was crowned queen in 1980, she became a patroness of Madurodam. Since then, Madurodam chooses a new mayor every year.
Council of Madurodam 2019-2020
- Büsra, mayor, Gymnasium Haganum
- Donna, deputy-mayor, Dalton Den Haag
- Elzi, Gymnasium Novum - Voorburg
- Juliette, VCL
- Lukas, Rijnlands Lyceum - Wassenaar
- Saar, Gymnasium Sorghvliet
- Renske, Maerlant Lyceum
- Sophie, Haags Montessori Lyceum
- Jens, Segbroek College
- Katerina, The International School of The Hague