Plan your route with the route planner from Google Maps©. Print it out or send it to your mobile
Madurodam is open all year round. The park opens every day at 9:00
|Opening hours 2013||Open||Closed||Ticket office closes at|
|January and February||9:00||18:00||17:00|
|April, May and June||9:00||20:00||19:00|
|July and August||9:00||21:00||20:00|
|September and October||9:00||19:00||18:00|
|November and December||9:00||17:00||16:00|
Madurodam is easily accessible by car or by public transport.
We have ample parking space and the tram stops at the doorstep.
Madurodam is located between the centre of The Hague and Scheveningen.
From Centrum (A12, A4)
Follow the signs for Madurodam to the ramp for the Hubertus viaduct. There you go right up the viaduct, stay on the right and take the next exit for Madurodam. At the end of the exit, turn left (under the viaduct) and the car park will be on your right.
From Wassenaar/Amsterdam (A44/N44, A4)
Head towards Madurodam via the N14 in the direction of Scheveningen, ending at the Hubertus viaduct. There you take the right up the viaduct, stay on the right and take the next exit for Madurodam. At the end of the exit, turn left (under the viaduct) and the car park will be on your right.
Follow the “Parking” signs in order to safely and cheaply park your car at Madurodam. You can park at our own car park (cost € 8.50 p/d). Busses park free of charge.
By public transport
By train to The Hague and then by tram or bus, which stops in front of the entrance
Madurodam is accessible from:
- The Hague Central Station: by tram 9 towards Scheveningen Noorderstrand, stop Madurodam (also by tram 8 towards Madurodam during rush hour)
- Hollands Spoor Station The Hague: by tram 9 towards Scheveningen Noorderstrand, stop Madurodam (also by tram 8 towards Madurodam during rush hour)
- Scheveningen beach: by tram 9 towards Vrederust, stop Madurodam or by bus 22 towards Duinzigt, stop Plesmanweg
Madurodam is easily accessible for people with disabilities.
The entire miniature city is on one level and accessible from the upper level via a gently sloping path. Furthermore, the restaurants are wheelchair accessible and equipped with disabled toilets. The car park has special disabled parking spots.
People with disabilities pay the normal admission price. If a person is dependent on a carer, the carer receives free admission. Other family or group members pay the normal admission price.
Prams & Buggies
Madurodam is easily accessible for prams. Madurodam has a number of prams available for your use with a deposit of € 2.00. Reservations are not possible.
Guide or assistance dogs
A guide or assistance dog can accompany its owner around the miniature city. Other dogs or pets are not allowed. There is a free dog kennel available.
Madurodam has a limited number of wheelchairs available. You can reserve these free of charge at reception, Tel. +31 (0)70 416 24 00.
Madurodam is not accessible to pets except guide or assistance dogs. There is a kennel available for dogs. The cages are 1×1×1 meter. Due to the limited number of places, it is advisable to place your free reservation with Madurodam reception, Tel. +31 (0)70 416 24 00.
We hope that everyone has a good time at our park. To promote the smooth running of the park and a pleasant atmosphere, we have a few rules.
- The same rules apply at our car park as apply on public roads.
- In order to prevent traffic jams, please follow the directions of our parking attendants. If you do not follow (or incorrectly follow) the traffic rules and/or the directions, we are entitled to have your car removed from the car park at your own risk and at your own cost.
- Please ensure that your car is locked properly and do not leave valuables in the car. We are not liable for theft from or vandalism to your car.
- Entry into the park is at your own risk. Our park may only be entered with a valid ticket. You must retain your ticket during your time in the park and must present it at the request of an employee. Children under the age of 12 may only enter under the supervision of an adult in possession of a valid admission ticket. There must be at least one supervisor for every four children.
- The admission ticket is only valid on the day of issue or the period for which it is issued. Right to admission expires upon leaving the park.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or who are disruptive and/or cause wilful damage to the park, may be refused admission or be removed from the park. Persons who threaten to be disruptive may, at the discretion of our personnel, be refused entry or removed.
- Dogs and other pets are prohibited in the park, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Visitors must use the trails and paths when walking through the park.
- The possession and carrying of weapons or dangerous objects is prohibited when visiting the park. Staff are authorised to confiscate these weapons and objects.
- Instructions from the staff must be followed. This is in the best interest of you and your fellow visitors.
- Wilful noisiness and audible use of radios, cd players and other audio equipment is prohibited. Staff is authorised to confiscate audio equipment in cases of deliberate noisiness.
- Rubbish must be disposed of in the designated bins placed throughout the park.
- We advise all parents and supervisors of children and groups that they are responsible for those visiting the park under their supervision.
- This also means that parents and supervisors are also responsible for damage caused by those under their supervision.
- We accept liability only in cases of failure/shortcomings attributed to the operator or staff of the park. Declarations of liability will be assessed by our liability insurer.
- Our park is carefully maintained. Yet, unpleasant things can occur. If this happens, we ask that you report it to us.
- It may happen that you cause inadvertent damage to the park. We ask that you report this to us before you leave the park.
- If you yourself suffer damage or loss during your visit to our park, please inform us before you leave. You cannot claim compensation for damage or loss reported later.
- Advertising or the selling of services and/or articles in the car park, in the forecourt and in the park is prohibited without written authorisation from park management
- Staff is authorised to remove persons who resist or fail to follow park rules, without those persons removed being entitled to compensation.
- The drinking and hospitality laws apply in the park. Alcohol is not sold in the park to persons under the age of 16 and spirits are not sold to those under 18. Any person to whom alcohol is sold must be able to present a valid ID.
- In Madurodam, smoking is prohibited in all buildings and in the miniature city. Smoking is only permitted on terraces and the outer ring of Madurodam.
The park management wish you an enjoyable visit and hope that these park rules add to that enjoyment.